The Air Force utilizes and online system for requesting Air Force tuition Assistance through the use of the Air Force's my.af.mil portal ( https://www.my.af.mil/ )
Warning: If any of the following exists you wil not be able to request tuition assistance through the AFVEC.
- Missing grades over 60 days from course end date.
- Suspense dates that have expired.
- Missing personal data in the education record including: Phone, DOS, DOB, Unit, Office Symbol, Mailing Address, Email Address, base, and Education Level.
- Requesting TA for courses that start more than 30 days into the future.
- Requesting TA for courses that have already started.
- Requesting TA for lower level courses which are less than highest ed level awarded.
- No degree plan in records.
There are 6 easy steps to requesting Air Force tuition assistance through my.af.mil. Check out the online tour of the process.
Select Reason for Request
You need to select the best reason for why you would like to use the Air Force tuition assistance.
Select the School Name
Select the school that you wish to attend from those listed.
Enter Term Dates
Be careful to enter the actual term date and not the start date for the class.
Enter the Course Information
Enter the information about the course that you wish to attend.
Enter the Registration Fees
Verify TA Information and Submit Request