Air Force Reserve Tuition Assistance isavailable for participating Air Force Reserve and IMA students for both distance learning and on-campus courses. Although tuition assistance funding may be requested at the beginning of class, it is paid back on a reimbursable basis, after student successfully completes the course(s) for which TA was requested and approved. Successful course completion is defined as C or better.
To be eligible for Air Force Reserve Tuition Assistance:
- Students must be actively participating (for pay and points) and be in good standing (does not have a UIF, not placed on a control roster, not pending or issued an Article 15, and/or not pending court martial) from the time the Airman applies for and completes the course(s).
- Enlisted students retainability must extend beyond the course end date of the last course approved for TA, or the individual must extend or re-enlist.
- Commissioned officers must have a mandatory separation date of not less than 24 months of service commitment starting at the end of the last course completed. In addition, officers incur a two-year Reserve Service Commitment (see AFRCI 36-2102). Each time an officer applies for TA, he or she must sign a Contract for Air Force Selected Reserve Service Commitment - see Attachment 7 for the contract.
- Students must provide a degree plan to their ARPC/DPSD no later than 12 semester hours. They will no longer be eligible for tuition assistance until the plan is on file with DPSD. Note: All courses submitted for TA approval must be on the degree plan.
- Student must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Students may apply online: Click here for instructions.
The amount of Air Force Tuition Assistance coverage and what is covered mirrors that of the Active Duty Air Force Tuition Assistance Program.
The Air Force utilizes and online system for requesting Air Force Reserve Tuition Assistance through the use of the Air Force's my.af.mil portal ( https://www.my.af.mil/ ). To view a step by step guide on how to complete the request for tuition assistance, please click here.
Please use the links to the left to learn more about the Active Duty Air Force Tuition Assistance Program.