Marine Corps Tuition Assistance is authorized for all Active Duty Marines and enlisted reservists on continuous active duty. Marine Officers are authorized Marine Corps Tuition Assistance only if they agree to remain on active duty for two (2) continuous years after completion of the TA funded course. If a Marine Corps Officer is allowed to voluntarily resign prior to completion of the two year obligation, they are required to pay a pro-rated amount of the TA expended during the last two years of active duty.
Tuition Assistance is not authorized for the following personnel:
- If the Marine has been awarded a punitive discharge
- In confinement
- On appellate leave
- Awaiting a general discharge or an administrative separation under other than honorable conditions.
- Convicted by foreign or domestic courts
- Serving sentences in foreign prisons
- Pending administrative discharge in lieu of a punitive discharge
Now you are ready to learn about the Marine Corps Tuition Assistance Procedures or visit the links to the left to learn more about other areas of the Marine Corps Tuition Assistance Program