The following fees may be listed in the Navy tuition assistance application to be included in the tuition assistance funding:
- Fees directly required for course enrollment may be combined with tuition. Navy will pay fees that are published, mandatory, and charged for course enrollment.
- Mandatory non-reimbursable fees meeting the criteria listed above may be funded with TA. However, if the course is canceled allowing the tuition to be refunded, the student is responsible for paying the non-reimbursable fee.
- Sailors requesting payment of fees with tuition are responsible for providing accurate fee information to their Navy College Office when applying for TA.
The following is a list of restrictions for the Navy Tuition Assistance Program:
- Up-front TA funding is not provided for courses if the institution's drop-add period or late registration date has passed.
- TA cannot be used to pay for books, e-books, CD-ROMs, etc.
- TA cannot be used to pay for flight training.
- TA cannot be used by Naval Reservists if not on continuous active duty, by enlisted Naval Reservists if ordered to active duty less than 120 days, or by Naval Reservist Officers if ordered to active duty for less than 2 years or more.
- TA cannot be used by those in a duty-under-instruction status or in an officer accession program involving full time instruction at a civilian institution.
- TA will only be approved for courses scheduled for one academic term at a time.
- TA will not be authorized for the same course previously funded by TA.
- Reimbursement of TA funds is required for all failing (F) grades, incomplete (I) grades in effect longer than six months, non-reimbursable fees paid for canceled courses and voluntary withdrawal (W) grades. Reimbursement by money order or cashier's check payable to U.S. TREASURER must be mailed to:
NETPDTC TA Accounting N8115
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509-5241
Now you are ready to learn about the Navy Tuition Assistance Eligibility or visit the links to the left to learn more about other areas of the Navy's Tuition Assistance Program