About: Tuition waivers for certain Veterans (see eligibility requirements below) cover 100% of tuition for General Fund course at all public colleges and universities and 50% for Extension Fund and summer courses at Connecticut State Universities. Veterans may attend Connecticut Public Colleges and Universities tuition free. Connecticut statutes provide that tuition may be waived for qualified Veterans attending the University of Connecticut, Connecticut State Universities and the 12 Community Technical Colleges. Waivers cover only the cost of tuition for credit-bearing undergraduate and graduate programs. Books, student activity and course fees, parking, and room and board are not waived. If a Veteran has elected to receive benefits under the Federal Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 (Post 9/11 GI Bill), these are applied first, and the tuition waiver pays the balance
Eligibility: Veterans must be honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces, 90 days active Military duty during war, and Connecticut residents at least for one year upon enrolling in college; Veterans must have been accepted in a degree program.
Periods of Service - Only those Veterans who served in the following manner may qualify:
- Active duty for at least (90) days:
- World War II (December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946)
- Korean Hostilities (June 27, 1950 to January 31, 1995)
- Vietnam (February 28, 1961 to July 1, 1975)
- Persian Gulf Era (August 2, 1990 - a date to be determined by Presidential proclamation or federal law - Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) and Iraqi Freedom are included in this category
Engaged in combat or in combat support role in the:
- Lebanon Conflict (July 1, 1958 to November 1, 1958)
- Peace Keeping Mission in Lebanon (September 29, 1982 to March 30, 1984)
- Grenada Invasion (October 25, 1983 to December 15, 1983)
- Operation Earnest Will (July 24, 1987 to August 1, 1990)
- Panama Invasion (December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990)
Learn More: http://www.veterans.ct.gov/veterans/cwp/view.asp?a=4367&q=513780
View more: Connecticut Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.