About: Aid for tuition and other educational expenses are available for Veterans and their family members who are attending an institution of higher learning within the borders of the State of Maryland.
Students applying for renewal rewards are given first priority. The amount must be used for tuition and mandatory fees at any eligible institution, but may not exceed the equivalent resident undergraduate annual tuition and mandatory fees of the University of Maryland, College Park. APPLICATION: Must complete the Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship application. Mail to: Maryland Higher Education Commission Office of Student Financial Assistance 839 Bestgate Road, Suite 400 Annapolis, MD 21401-3013 (410) 260-4565; (800) 974-1024 TTY for the Deaf - (800) 735-2258
Eligibility: You must be:
- A Veteran or active duty military member who served in the conflicts in Iraq or Afghanistan (Effective June 1, 2006)
- The son or daughter of a member of the United States Armed Forces who died or was 100 percent disabled as a direct result of military service;
- A Veteran who suffers, as a direct result of military service, a disability of 25 percent or greater and has exhausted or is no longer eligible for federal Veterans' educational benefits;
- The son, daughter or surviving spouse of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack who died as a result of the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, the attack on the Pentagon in Virginia, or the crash of United Airlines Flight 93 in Pennsylvania;
- A POW/MIA of the Vietnam Conflict or his/her son or daughter; the son, daughter or surviving spouse (who has not remarried) of a state or local public safety employee or volunteer who died in the line of duty;
- Or a state or local public safety employee or volunteer who was 100 percent disabled in the line of duty. Call 800-974-1024 for more information.
Learn More: http://mhec.maryland.gov/financialaid/programdescriptions/prog_conroy.asp
View more: Maryland Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.