Free New Hampshire Tuition for Children of Missing-in-Action

Jul 18, 2013

About: If a person is domiciled in this state while serving in or with the armed forces of the United States and is, after February 28, 1961, reported or listed as missing, or missing in action, or interned in a neutral country, or beleaguered, besieged, or captured by the enemy during the Southeast Asian conflict, any child of such person, enrolled after March 23, 1972, in a community college system of New Hampshire institution shall, so long as said person is so reported, listed, interned, beleaguered, besieged, or captured, not be required to pay tuition for attendance at such school. Any person entitled to free tuition under this section shall apply to the community college system of New Hampshire institution he or she wishes to attend which may require such proof as deemed necessary in order for a person to qualify for free tuition under this section. 

The board of trustees shall have the authority to allow full-time employees who have one year of previous service at the community college system, free tuition, and to the dependents of such employees a 50 percent discount of tuition, at the community college system of New Hampshire colleges.

Learn More:

View more: New Hampshire Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.

Printed from: