About: This scholarship is worth $70,000 over four years. The State of Georgia offers thirty-nine scholarships per year to Georgia high school seniors who attend the University of North Georgia and commission as officers in the Georgia Army National Guard after graduating with a bachelor's degree. The scholarship pays for the recipient's room, meals, tuition, books, uniforms, and fees. In addition, the recipient receives National Guard weekend drill pay, GI Bill, pay for attending Army basic and advanced training, and Army ROTC contract pay (starting beginning of sophomore year). The recipient may also be eligible for an enlistment bonus and monthly GI Bill kicker. Effective 15 August 2005, GMS Scholarship recipients are non-deployable as long as they are enrolled and remain in good standing with North Georgia and the Georgia Army National Guard.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be a resident of Georgia.
- Receive a nomination from a state assembly member.
- Meet the academic requirements for, and gain regular admission, to North Georgia.
- Meet Army National Guard medical and physical standards.
- Agree to serve as an enlisted member in the Georgia Army National Guard while a Cadet at University of North Georgia.
- Agree to accept a commission upon graduation from North Georgia and serve four years as a commissioned officer in the Georgia Army National Guard.
Learn More: http://ung.edu/military-college/scholarships-and-grants/georgia-military-scholarship.php
View more: Georgia Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.