About: Authorizes school districts to grant a high school diploma to any honorably discharged Veteran who served in the United States military in World War II the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam War.
In order to recognize and honor Veterans who left high school prior to graduation to serve in World War II, Korea or Vietnam, the Board shall grant a diploma to a Veteran who meets the following requirements:
- Was honorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States of America
- Served in the United States military between September 16,1940 and December 31, 1946 during WWII or between June 27, 1950 to January 30, 1955 during the Korean Conflict or between 1958 and 1975 during the Vietnam War
- Attended high school between 1937 and 1946 during WWII or between 1947 and 1955 during the Korean Conflict and 1961 through 1975 for Vietnam War but did not graduate due to entry into military service
- Would have been a member of a graduation class during 1941 through 1950 for WWII or 1951 through 1957 for Korean Conflict and 1961 through 1975 for Vietnam War but did not graduate due to entry into military service.
- Is a current resident of this district or attended high school in this district or a predecessor of this district. This requirement is optional, based on school district policies
Upon proper application
, the Board may award a diploma posthumously to a Veteran who meets the stated requirements. The Superintendent shall submit to the Board for its approval the name of Veterans eligible for a high school diploma.