Oregon High School Diploma For Veterans

Jul 19, 2013

About: Under ORS 332.114, Veterans may request either the school district where they live now or the school district where they would have graduated from to issue a high school diploma. Diplomas can also be issued to a representative of a deceased Veteran.
Eligibility: A Veteran is eligible to receive a high school diploma if they meet the following criteria:
  • Attended a high school before serving in the Armed Forces
  • Served in the Armed Forces of the U.S. at any time during:
    • World War I;
    • World War II;
    • Korean War;
    • Vietnam War; or
  • Served in the Armed Forces of the U.S. and was physically present in:
    • Operation Urgent Fury (Grenada);
    • Operation Just Cause (Panama);
    • Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm (the Persian Gulf War);
    • Operation Restore Hope (Somalia);
    • Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan);
    • Operation Iraqi Freedom (Iraq); or
  • Served in the Armed Forces of the U.S. in an area designated as a combat zone by the President of the United States.
  • Discharged or released under honorable conditions.

Learn More: http://www.oregon.gov/ODVA/BENEFITS/statebenefits.shtml

View more: Oregon Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.

Printed from: http://www.militaryta.com/benefits/oregon-high-school-diploma-for-veterans.shtml