Under ORS 332.114
, Veterans may request either the school district where they live now or the school district where they would have graduated from to issue a high school diploma. Diplomas can also be issued to a representative of a deceased Veteran.
Eligibility: A Veteran is eligible to receive a high school diploma if they meet the following criteria:
- Attended a high school before serving in the Armed Forces
- Served in the Armed Forces of the U.S. at any time during:
- World War I;
- World War II;
- Korean War;
- Vietnam War; or
- Served in the Armed Forces of the U.S. and was physically present in:
- Operation Urgent Fury (Grenada);
- Operation Just Cause (Panama);
- Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm (the Persian Gulf War);
- Operation Restore Hope (Somalia);
- Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan);
- Operation Iraqi Freedom (Iraq); or
- Served in the Armed Forces of the U.S. in an area designated as a combat zone by the President of the United States.
- Discharged or released under honorable conditions.
Learn More: http://www.oregon.gov/ODVA/BENEFITS/statebenefits.shtml
View more: Oregon Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.