Provides financial assistance to children of honorably discharged Veterans who have service-connected disabilities and served during a period of war
or armed conflict or children of Veterans who die or died in service during a period of war or armed conflict. Payment will not exceed $500.00 per term or semester per qualified child to each approved educational institution upon submission by that approved educational institution of proof of matriculation of the applicant. Educational gratuity payments are paid directly to the Educational Institution and may not be made for longer than 4 scholastic years.
Veteran's eligibility criteria:
- Died in service during a period of war or armed conflict or,
- A Veteran who has an honorable discharge from the U.S. military
- Served during established war service dates as determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. **The following decorations can also be used to establish wartime service: Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal or Navy Expeditionary Medal
- Veteran must have a 100% permanent and total service-connected disability rating by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Child's eligibility criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 23, living within the Commonwealth five years prior to application and must attend a school within the Commonwealth.
- Applicant must have a financial need.
Learn More: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/veterans_benefits/11386/disabled_benefits/567417
View more: Pennsylvania Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.