About: The Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of certain Veterans. The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits. These benefits may be used for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training. If you are a spouse, you may take a correspondence course. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.
Eligibility: Must be the son, daughter, or spouse of:
- A Veteran who died or is permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces.
- A Veteran who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence.
- A Service member missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
- A Service member forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
- A Service member who is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability.
Learn More: http://www.nd.gov/veterans/education/survivors.html
View more: North Dakota Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.