About: The Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program at the UMass Boston and Suffolk University provides a unique opportunity for Veterans of all ages to gain access to information about college and career awareness, acquire the academic skills required for entry into higher education and/or to acquire the equivalent of a high school diploma.
Eligibility: In order to qualify, the Veteran:
- be U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- have served over 180 days of active military duty or have a service-connected disability. For reservists serving on or after September 11, 2001, shorter terms of service may provide eligibility
- have a military discharge other than dishonorable
- have academic need
And, applicants must qualify in one of the following two ways:
- They must be a potential first-generation college graduate (their primary caregiver had not graduated from a four-year higher education institution before the applicant turned 18), OR
- They must meet income guidelines for the program. These are based on federal taxable income and family size. Please call for detailed guidelines.
Learn More: http://www.mass.gov/veterans/education/vet-upward-bound/
View more: Massachusetts Military Education Benefits or select another location to learn more about what is available.