The Department of Defense (DoD) has directed a uniform TA fiscal policy across the military services. Per semester hour cap is $250 and the fiscal year ceiling is $4,500. The Army will pay 100 percent of the tuition and authorized fees charged by a school up to the established per semester hour cap and fiscal year ceiling.
Who is Eligible for Navy Tuition Assistance:
Tuition Assistance is available to both Naval Officer and Enlisted active duty personnel and some Naval Reservists on continuous active duty. It is also available to:
- Enlisted Naval Reservists ordered to active duty for 120 days or more
- Naval Reservist Officers ordered to active duty for 2 years or more.
To qualify, service members must:
- be on active duty for the whole length of the course.
- attend an institution accredited by a regional, national, or professional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- receive counseling from a Navy College Office or a Virtual Education Center counselor
- provide all grades from previously funded TA courses and reimburse all W and F grades. (Withdrawals for involuntary reasons may be granted with command verification.)
- Agree, if an officer, to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of courses funded by TA. This obligation runs concurrently with remaining obligated service time. Those who fail to serve the obligation must repay the TA funds expended on their behalf during the last two years of active duty on a pro-rated basis.
Various NAVADMINS have directed additional management controls until further notice. Please review these NAVADMINs before applying for Tuition Assistance funding.
What does the Tuition Assistance cover:
Fees directly required for course enrollment may be combined with tuition. Navy will pay fees that are published, mandatory, and charged for course enrollment including distance learning technology and lab fees. However, if the course is canceled allowing the tuition to be refunded, the student is responsible for paying the non-reimbursable fee.
Where do you apply for Navy Tuition Assistance:
Tuition Assistance (TA) is applied through WebTA which can be accessed at (Login required): https://myeducation.netc.navy.mil/eta/menu/welcome.do
How to Apply for Navy Tuition Assistance:
- Contact your Navy College Office or the Virtual Education Center to receive educational counseling either in person, virtually, by phone or email. With your academic advisor, determine which courses will be requested for TA funding.
- Complete a TA Application in WebTA listing course(s) and fee(s). Check with your institution to make sure the amounts for tuition and fees you list are correct. Allowable fees that can be funded under Tuition Assistance are:
- Fees directly required for course enrollment may be combined with tuition. Navy will pay fees that are published, mandatory, and charged for course enrollment not to exceed the caps of $250.00 per semester hour/$166.67 per quarter hour/$16.67 per clock hour.
- Mandatory non-reimbursable fees meeting the criteria listed above may be funded with TA. However, if the course is canceled allowing the tuition to be refunded, the student is responsible for paying the non-reimbursable fee.
- Sailors requesting payment of fees with tuition are responsible for providing accurate fee information to their Navy College Office or Virtual Education Center when applying for TA.
- To apply for Tuition Assistance electronically from any computer, go to https://www.navycollege.navy.mil, and click on the MyEducation portal.
- You may log-in via CAC or NKO.